Between Shades of Gray

Between Shades of Gray

By Ruta Sepetys 



This book is set during the reign of Stalin. I really liked it , and it is definitely on my favorites list. I didn't really like the ending.I felt like it was too rushed. It was kind of like in "The Gideon Trilogy", where there are so many things happening and then bam. It just ends. So this book is about a girl named Lina. One night, Soviet police burst in and arrest Lina, her mother, Elena, and her younger brother, Jonas. They are dragged through the streets and thrown into cattle cars, where they soon discover their destination: Siberia. But that may be wrong. Lina is separated from her father and begins to hide encrypted messages in her drawings, hoping that they will reach her father and that he will come and save them. My favorite character is Andrius. I liked him because he was so smart and kind. I also liked Ulyushka. She was grumpy, kind, and funny. This was a great book.





HAPPILY EVER AFTER

" Is it harder to die, or is it harder to be the only one who survives?"

Comments