Wonder


Wonder

By R.J. Palacio





I'm really sorry I haven't written on here for so long, but I've just been so busy what with school starting and all. Well, at least I'm writing. This is about Wonder, an extraordinary book, about a boy with an extraordinary face. Auggie Pullman was born with a rare facial deformity that has prevented him from going to school for 6 years. Well, this year he's going to his first ever school. This honor goes to Beecher Prep for the 5th grade. The 5th grade is hard in the first place, and it's bound to be even harder with his face. Many challenges await him at Beecher Prep, including bullies, homework, and the challenge of convincing his classmates that he is just an ordinary kid, even with his extraordinary face.


I really liked this book because I felt like the author placed the challenges of 5th grade in just the right spot. Auggie has a perfect personality, and he just seems so awesome. Okay,so this same person wrote another book, and it's called Auggie & Me, and it's three more Wonder stories, but from different perspectives. First of all, there's The Julian Chapter, which is obviously about Julian. If you couldn't see that at first sight, you should go back 1st grade! This chapter made me cry. It's just so heartfelt and beautiful, I couldn't help it. Next comes Pluto, which is about a boy named Chris. He is one of Auggie's childhood " friends". This one is okay, but I still like Julian better. Last is Shingaling, which is about Charlotte, one of Auggie's only true friends at school. JULIAN IS THE BEST.

These books were really good, and I hope you read both of them soon.
Peace out.







THE END



"We're leaving together

But it's still farewell

And maybe we'll come back

To Earth, who can tell

I guess there is no one to blame

We're leaving ground

Will things ever be the same again?


It's the final count down!"

Comments